TV on the Radio

 

Project Details

This was a record cover/vinyl sleeve design project.

Part of the brief for this project required students to incorporate handmade elements into any kind of deliverable. the boundaries were pretty loose, so I took advantage of that. For the hand-made element I chose to cut designs out of paper using an xacto knife. I taped the designs around a box I made that had a night light in it. I photographed the illuminated shapes.

I created a digital illustration incorporating the illuminated shapes. My objective was use those images in a composition on with a public domain image. The original image is a prisoner's mugshot from the early 1900s.

 


 

Using Format